Wednesday 19 September 2007

Cheerful Thoughts

I never know whether anybody ever reads this blog or not, cos no one comments, so I have been happily indulging my penchant for melancholy over the past few weeks. A friend mailed me and not too subtly criticised my lack of cheerfulness. I said I would forthwith post a cheerful one, but before I do, one last parting shot at the happy police: Do not judge men by mere appearances; for the light laughter that bubbles on the lip often mantles over the depths of sadness, and the serious look may be the sober veil that covers a divine peace and joy. Edward Chapin.

1 comment:

Rich said...

Just so that you know, I've been reading your blog every few days.. Those damn happy people really irritate me, especially the one that are happy first thing in the morning...Lately, I love my job, especially after my lobotomy...;-)