Saturday 17 January 2009

Truth and Love

In an earlier post, I distinguished between what I saw as the difference between a happy and a life of meaning. I guess that what I was trying to say is that I feel such a sense of urgency about my life and such responsibility for the gift and privilege that it is that I don't want to waste it. Not because God will call me to account, but because I will be ashamed if I do and have to face Him empty handed. I can be such a contradiction in the sense that I seek truth and seek to communicate it because I am paranoid that if I am to communicate love, it must not be something vacuous, but Love in the fullest, most profound Christian sense. The trouble is that I feel I am approaching an understanding of what it is not and even occassional glimpses of what it is. But it has not made me more loving. And is that not the point?

No comments: