Monday 2 November 2009

It's a Sonim


This is a bit of an odd post but I had to share. I have a thing for well built products. Today so many manufacturers of goods build down to a price that there are very few genuinely good consumer goods - craftmanship in other words. People simply don't want to pay for quality. I guess probably because we live in a throw away society. So when I come across good things, I love it! You want the best earthmoving machine in the world? Buy a Caterpillar. You want the best drill in the world? Buy a Hilti. The toughest industrial cleaning equipment? Buy a Tennant. The most accurate watch in the world - as well as the toughest? A Tag or Rolex? No - buy a Casio Gshock Atomic Solar. The toughest cellphone in the world? Buy a Sonim. I did (and I own a Casio Gshock and Tennant as well and am saving for my Hilti.) But the story is about my Sonim.

I look after my stuff generally pretty well, but I destroy cell phones - just the way it is. So I googled for the toughest phone in the world and ordered a shock proof, waterproof, dust proof Sonim online. As can happen, even with these tough buggers, I had a software glitch. But these guys have a 3 year unconditional guarantee. The thing is, the online shop I originally purchased it from, had in the meantime gone under and I had also moved countries so I emailed their international warranty guys with the details asking what I could do. They mailed me back saying a replacement phone had been despatched to me and would I send my one back to them when I had a chance via DHL on their account the number which was attached!!!

Yes I do not apologise for this advert on behalf of them: If you want a phone, don't buy a toy. Buy a Sonim. The guys are legends! I attach a picture above to show you what these things look like.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally with you after working there for 2 years.

Selina said...

How about a tough briefcase? :-)

rodney said...

I am so happy u asked that question. :-) Yes I use a Pelican 1490 briefcase. Some may argue that Hardigg stormcases are tougher, but since Peilcan bought them out, I am going to stick to my view that Pelican edges them as the toughest and the best.

Laura said...

Yeay for the Sonim! - I bought Sonims for all my drivers (and 1 Director - a technically challenged Action Man!)and they really are tough as nails. Even had a dem where it was put in a bucket of water - and still received calls! We call it "the bouncy phone" (or Fischer Price handset) :)

rodney said...

:-)

Sam said...

um Rod its quite ugly : )