Sunday 22 May 2011

Housewife stuff

As the time comes closer for when they start fitting out the interior of the house, I am getting a little nervous - Carmen has raised her eyebrows but has let me have a go at being a little daring to try out a few things that could backfire. One of them is the sink we -(or I) have chosen - it is a black quartz sink by Schock (Model 200B) and I thought it was so beautiful I would've built my kitchen around it- ignore the tapwork - we have another type. But the thing is, we saw it after the kitchen was designed so I kind of threw it in and hope it will work with the colour scheme - I even changed our hob and oven etc. to black to complement it -see below, but there is no guarantee that that will help. If it does flop - I offer you this shot so that you may understand why I simply had to. If it doesn't work, well, we'll just have to change the cupboards! :-)


2 comments:

Tyrone from SA (JHB) said...

Hi Rodney
Funny how reading a stranger's blog makes them seem almost like a friend.

I stumbled across your entry on leaving SA. Scary how it really spoke to me. (I'm still here)

How different do you find Aus? Do you get on easily with Australians? Like do you feel it's a really different culture?(not talking the messed up security sit. here). Did you find it easy to slip into Aus way of life? I guess I'm talking about general world-view compatibility.

We're about the same age -so would have had fairly similar experiences growing up here. It could be memory thru a child's eyes, but I don't remember the avr SA white as being as,insular, unfriendly, and well, WARY, as I think we are now. That's my personal impression.

Is it different in Aus.Generally, I mean. I would imagine so.??

I'm seriously thinking of leaving, so I'd like to hear your thoughts.The political sit here is a huge factor obviously, but I'd really like to know if you found the Aus culture difficult to adapt to??

Thanks
Looks like you're getting a good life there. Congrats.

Tyronegh@hotmail.com - or just rather reply on your blog, if you could.

rodney said...

Hi Tyrone. I responded per email. Thanks for the comment!