Tuesday 28 June 2011

Counters on

I had to travel near the house today for work so on the way back home popped in to check if anything has happened. Well, the tiles are there at last! The counters are in and they look nice in real life. Apologies for the quality of the photos - I didn't plan to go past the house so didn't have my camera - I took these with my iPhone and the light was fading fast. So the counters are good. BUT. I saw that they had screeded the bathroom shower floors and this is one of my bugbears. I don't care if I have to stand on a ski slope or I am old one day and slip and break my hip. I absolutely hate flat shower floors. I don't just dislike them, I hate them with a passion - you know the ones where the water slowly meanders down towards the drain? I specifically told the builder that I don't care if my ankles and feet are at 60 degrees to the horizontal, please slope the shower floors. He promised he would get the tiler to call me before he screeded which of course he didn't. I shall be making a call tomorrow. We can send men to the moon and build Bugatti Veyrons, can't we build shower floors that drain properly??? !!!

PS: there is a pile of stone blocks in my lounge (see below) that I cannot, for the life of me, work out what they could be for? Any ideas?

The hob will go in there.

The sink.

The sink window - not so much a window as a feature like a painting. Will have water running down on the outside with a flowering creeper for colour.

The island is the most expensive traveller I know - I'm not kidding. To move it 200mm to the right cost us $280!

View across the Dining room which will overlook the blue ponds.

What are these? Made out of a light stone? Not as heavy as our counter tops though- weird?

One of those blasted shower floors!!! Look how flat it is! Seriously what is wrong with these people? Yes I am quite finished now. Thank you.

No comments: