Wednesday 4 March 2009

Kids

Carmen and I are really hoping that this year is going to be the year when we will be blessed with kids. If not, well that's not something that is ultimately our decision... But whenever we chat to friends and relatives of ours who are already parents, and I hold forth all the theories about how I am going to raise my kids, there is always this polite pause on their part, a nod and knowing smiles as they exchange glances. I don't mind admitting that their thinly veiled disdain for my plans is scaring the heck out of me. It's almost like people who are parents know.... and whatever it is they know, they aren't telling. They're a cliquey bunch. (Of sadists I suspect.)
Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. (John Wilmot)

4 comments:

Selina said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earthwand said...

nod and smile, nod and smile ;)

rodney said...

Earthwand - that is just being mean... :-)

Selina said...

no Rodney that's being wise ...promise