Thursday 31 December 2009

An outing to the city Part 4 & Happy New Year!!!

The last part of our day in the city was to catch the monorail to Darling Harbour to grab some lunch before heading home. The monorail runs a small circular route through a portion of the CBD from the Exhibition centre and Maritime museum, but is not a must do thing. At Darling harbour though I don't have a pic here is a restaurant which we would like to try one day called The Meat and Wine Company with apparently very good steaks - owned naturally by an ex Saffer!


The last pic is of part of the Sydney CBD skyline: when I have spent a week or two without seeing it as my sales territory is South of the city, it is so good to see the familiar skyline again and know I am in Sydney! It is not home - yet, but it is growing a place in our hearts and one day will be -once the rest of the clan is here. That concludes our little touristy interlude - I have decided as part of my new Year's resolution to carry my camera with me as I travel - there are some very pretty little towns here and take shots - even though my photography skills are not great to show those of you who are in the process of also making this journey what this place looks like. My blogs will not be that regular as I am studying as well, and have a couple of other projects on the go, but may you and your loved ones be much blessed in 2010 and for those still in SA - stay safe - the journey to Aus is long and even here at times very painful - the personal loss of those you leave behind cannot be overstated, but you do get here eventually! Life is lived forwards not backwards and there is no going back - for us anyway. Once you have tasted freedom, it is a jealous lover, I guess.

Take care - see you next year.


No comments: