Saturday 6 August 2011

Showers in and Driveway prepped

Well it looks like I am going to have to have a whine at the builders - they seem to be losing speed towards the end. This week the driveway prepwork was finished, reinforcing laid and the actual concrete will be thrown on Monday. The fencing will also be completed next week. They put the shower frames in and the study floor went in this morning - we have booked the carpets for the 16th so as close to moving in as possible. Apologies for the quality of the pics - I forgot my camera and these are taken with my iphone.

Shower in main bathroom - we went with semi-frameless as opposed to frameless as I have never seen a frameless shower that doesn't leak water. Function here over aesthetics.

Mirrors are in as well and place is beginning to feel more 'finished'.

Ensuite shower - the builder and the shower guys really didn't like my idea of sliding doors as they said it is old-fashioned, but a swing door always drops little bits of water when the doors swing out - frameless or not - which irritates me. In Sydney all bathrooms I have seen are wetrooms with floor drains so even if you get a lot of water on the floor, it doesn't matter, but it makes a mess so I honestly just don't see the point.

Shower door sliders slide from both sides fully open so the tracks at the bottom can be cleaned very easily and there is no place for any soap buildup to occur. No soap dishes or recesses as we have mounted dispensers for shower gel, shampoo, etc.

My study - floor looks really nice in real- life - not a great pic. It is quite textured giving a rustic effect. Cannot wait to give the place a proper clean!

Till next week. Cheers!

No comments: